Thursday 5 December 2013

J+17 / 17 days after the operation

Went for my first walk today, only about 1/4 mile but I felt ok. The nurses stopped their visits today and the scar has healed well on the outside. (see photo) Still healing inside as I can feel pain. I wince sometimes, and have been told it is the nerves healing slowly. There have been some horror stories on the forum I have joined, so I am lucky I think. And my surgeon had lots of experience, which helps. (Almost 500 operations of this type)
       /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Je me suis promenée pour la toute première fois aujourd'hui, seulement 500 mètres mais je me sentais bien. Les infirmières ont cessé leurs visites aujourd'hui. De l'extérieur, la plaie s'est bien cicatrisée (voir photo) Ça se cicatrise toujours à l'intérieur car je ressens des douleurs. On m'a dit que les nerfs se reforment lentement. Il y a eu des histoires terribles au forum où je suis abonnée. Je pense que j'ai de la chance. Le chirurgien avait beaucoup d'expérience ce qui aide. (Presque 500 interventions de ce type)

No comments:

Post a Comment